Wednesday, December 12, 2012

GAGA

For at least 2 years I had always said that even though I'm not the biggest fan of Lady Gaga per say (attention-seekers are not my thing), I do like her music, I love what she stands for and who she advocates for, and I admire people who work hard to be where they are, and should she ever come and do a performance in Cape Town, I'd probably go because I knew it would be quite a show, and I have a serious case of FOMO. 

But when it was announced that she would be coming and the price of the tickets were released, I decided that there was not a chance I was paying that kind of money, and so I consented to not going.
A few months before the concert, I started working at Amazon and quickly became friends with Najwah because I love her craziness.
Somehow it came up that Najwah had bought 2 tickets to Gaga because she wanted to go but didn't want to go alone, and so she offered me the other ticket. And just like that, I was going to see Lady Gaga in concert.
YAY!
Najwah
Najwaj and other Monsters getting snapped by Die Burger.
Even Chris Brown wanted to see Gaga.
Once we got in, Najwah and I saw that Skype had a photo-booth set up for people to take pics and videos. Here are the 4 photo's we had printed:
We also took two 18-second videos. We had to answer what we like about Skype and why we love Lady Gaga. You can check out those videos here: Lady Gaga's Born This Way Ball.
Time for Lady Starlight
To be honest, I didn't really get the point of this. First I thought it was a woman. then she took her (3) masks off and I thought it was a man dressed as a woman. All she did was prance & pose about on stage until she "drank" a bottle of Jack Daniels & had to be dragged off stage by security because she passed out. 
Then I get home and google her and find out it actually is a woman.
Still, don't get what the point of that was.
Then on came The Darkness.
Since hardly anyone knows most of the songs by The Darkness, you'd think they would have at least performed 'Everybody Have A Good Time'.
Bitches.
This is Frankie. He plays the cowbell.
As you can tell, I was quite far away and I had a speaker right in the way of my view, so my apologies for the not-so-great photo's.
Pretty cool theatrics, as expected.
She gave birth to herself. Or something.
Each song had a theme related to the song itself. Pretty sure this was Bloody Mary.
50 000 people is a lot of people.
Throwback to Joe Calderone during 'Fashion of His Love'.
'Telephone'.
Could Golden Circle have been any fuller?
I don't buy into that sort of thing, but even I have to admit that the illuminati and cult-vibe was ringing pretty strong.
'Heavy Metal Lover'.
Black Jesus suckling on a fake boob that an audience member threw on-stage.
Gaga invited fans on-stage with her, including @Luluzaza who flashed her boobs at Gaga. Gaga tried to cover up Jana, thinking she was a minor, but was cool with it when Jana told her she was 22 years old. Gaga also said that if ever you see her wearing braids like Jana, you'll know where she stole the idea from.
"Amandla?".
Performing 'Born This Way' acapella. The same chick that threw the boob on-stage also thought she was on Idols or something and basically wouldn't quit singing into the mic.
'Electric Chapel' is one of my faves of the non-released songs.
'Americano'.
My absolute favourite Gaga song.
I danced by myself on the stair-case like an enraged woman when she performed this song.
'Scheiße'
Why do people always leave before the encore? 
Amateurs.
'Edge of Glory'
Gaga with dancer Mark Kanemura from So You Think You Can Dance.
More fans were invited on-stage.
Gaga to the little girl: "You are so famous right now".
Final song of the show: 'Marry The Night'.
And
*SCENE*
The stadium emptied while 'Cake Like Lady Gaga' played on the speakers. 
Even though we didn't have the best of seats and it was freezing up on the third tier, I really enjoyed the show. It was like a Broadway production that I knew some of the songs to, and you best believe that Gaga did not disappoint.
If I had to do it all over again, as much as I would love Monster Pit tickets, I definitely would have at least gotten lower-tier seats so that I could really enjoy the show.
Well, since she has promised to return, now I know for next time.
This was my cousins and sisters' first ever concert. They had seated tickets but were convinced that if they were there early enough they would get bumped up to the Monster Pit. So they were second in line, having queued from 7am, only to be ushered to their seats when the show started at 8pm that night.
Bless 'em.
I swear Najwah is 100% sober.
After the show we headed over to McDonalds as this is now my new post-concert tradition.
Did my nails for the show.
P.S, THANK YOU, NAJWAJ.

P.P.S, Although the exact set list for Cape Town is not up, it is similar to the set list from her Paraguay show which you can see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment