Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Oh. My. Potterness.



Look at this photo from the New York premier of Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2:


RIDICULOUS.

Look how grown up they are!

How am I supposed to process this?
The last of the Harry Potter films. EVER.
The books are already done. And soon I will watch TDH p2 and I will end the series completely.
I never wanted this day to come.
I don't think people quite realise how much the series meant to me.
How the fuck am I supposed to cope knowing all the knowledge I could ever hope to gain from JK Rowling's wizardry world is already out there, that I can never know more?
This is it.
The end of an era.
The end of literally a decade-long pop-culture phenomenon that IS my very childhood.

This means leaving my childhood. This means growing up. This means having to remove myself from the imaginary Harry Potter world, into the lame, harsh, boring, mean, real Muggle world.

I don't want to grow up. 
I don't want to face life.
I don't want to exist in reality. I just want to escape. I want to pretend there are more interesting things to do than having a job.
Even if I ever do get my dream job, NOTHING will ever be as exciting as what Hermione can do with her wand.
NO ONE I will ever meet can be as completely fascinating and truly wonderful as Albus Dumbledore is.
In all my life, I will probably never go somewhere as cool and captivatingly mesmerising as Hogwats is.
Do you realise how depressing life is in comparison to this?


Can JK Rowling please just write more books?

I can't deal with this.



The Evolution of Harry Potter:
2001:
Book #1: The Philosopher's Stone. 1997
Movie #1: 2001.
Their first premier

2002:
Book #2: The Chamber Of Secrets. 1998 

Movie #2: 2002. Still my favourite of the films
The second film premier


2004:
Book #3: The Prisoner of Azkaban. 1999. My favourite of the books.
Movie #3: 2004
The third film premier




2005:
 Book #4: The Goblet Of Fire. 2000
Movie #4: 2005
The fourth film premier




2007:
 Book #5: The Order Of The Pheonix. 2003
Movie #5: 2007
The fifth film premier




2009:
 Book #6: The Half-Blood prince. 2005
Movie #6: 2009.
The sixth film premier: London
The sixth film premier: New York




2010-2011:
 Book #7: The Deathly Hallows. 2007
Part 1
Movie #7 or 7.1: 2000. Part 1
Part 1 of the seventh film premier: London
Part 1 of the seventh film premier: New York


Part 2
Movie #8 or 7.2: 2001. Part 2
 
Part 2 of the seventh film premier: London
Part 2 of the seventh film premier: New York





No comments:

Post a Comment