Thursday, August 18, 2011

Change

I've changed the name of my blog. (But I haven't changed the URL / domain name because the one I want is already taken!)

Making Waves

I'm all about the ocean. Heck, I work with oceanic animals.
The title feels less self-righteous since it's no longer my name.
Also, I think it best describes me. I'm the type of person who comes and goes into people's lives.
Very much like the tides of the ocean, I'm in someone's life for a high concentration of time, and soon I fade into the sea of many.
I feel a kinship with the ocean. Like many of us living in Cape Town, even though we don't always see the ocean, we know it's always near by and will always be there for anyone who simply wishes to return to it.
Same with me.
Many of us were born to stand out, to forever leave a mark on this earth, to be remembered by many, regardless of whether it's a positive or a negative memory.
Me? Not so much. I'm just here, biding time, entertaining myself, until the inevitable day comes where I am replaced by someone else and soon am forgotten. And I'm okay with this. We all have our place in this world.
So while you go on to become a tourist attraction, here I will remain, quietly going about my day, enjoying the moments we've had, and looking forward to moments spent with others in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment